Grant Name: Anna Lindh Foundation Grant
- Dimitrios Triantaphyllou, Professor, Department of International Relations; Director, Center for International and European Studies (CIES), Kadir Has University
- Emre Metin Bilginer, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science and International Relations, Istanbul Aydin University; Research Fellow, CIES
The Center for International and European Studies (CIES) at Kadir Has University is a partner of the project “Quo Vadis Euro-Med Civil Society” funded by Anna Lindh Foundation. The 11-months project is led by the National Foundation for Civil Society Development in Croatia in partnership with the CIES, FOTOESSA for Education, Research, Action in Greece, The House of Europe in Rhodes, and The European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMED) in Spain.
The aim of the project is to evaluate the state of civil society in the Euro-Med area and its performance, over the 25 years of the Euro-Med Partnership, to recognize the emerging new context, its challenges (such as Covid-9), obstacles and opportunities for civil society, in order to propose a set of policy recommendations, ideas, tools and resources development, to the identified stakeholders (decision makers, CSOs, international organizations and foundations, state and local authorities).
A survey, targeted research and online seminars will be the main tools to outline the civil society domain, evaluate its performance and identify the challenges to be addressed, together with a round-table discussion to draft the recommendations.
The outputs will include a resource pool (tools, publications, info outlets websites), to be regularly updated, policy papers and policy recommendations. The results will be disseminated to the relevant stakeholders.
The main outputs include:
- A survey on the state and capacity of Euro-Med Civil Society in light of the Covid-19 Pandemic,
- Civil society Dialogue Webinars on the state of Euro-Med Civil Society at 25,
- Thematic Webinars on Civil Society in the Euro-Med Region at 25; the Impact of Covid-19; the Cultural dimension; the Place of Youth and Women; the Impact of the Sustainable Development Goals,
- Policy Recommendations,
- A sustainable pilot resource pool available for adoption that will include tools, websites, publications, institutions, funding mechanisms, ideas to develop & other identified themes.